BSA Winterfest 2018 Video Contest
BSA Winterfest 2017 ushered in a new competition, the Video Contest. BSA Winterfest 2018 continues building on this tradition with the NEW Video Contest. This year’s theme is:
Rise To The Challenge!
Be sure to check out the official rules, but here is the quick version…
- Create your original video, between 30 seconds and 3 minutes long.
- Upload it to YouTube.
- Enter the URL of your video on the Contest Entry Page.
- Follow the 12 points of the Scout Law.
- Don’t forget to get everyone in your unit, as well as family and friends to vote for your video every day!
Uploads can start on December 1st and we will allow uploads until January 7th. Voting will run from January 8th until January 14th! And new this year, you can vote EVERY DAY for your video. Get your whole unit to vote. Get your friends and family, too.
Video Contest Rules
Rise to the Challenge
Entrants will submit a video promoting Winterfest 2018. The videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds long, maximum of 3 minutes. The top three videos will be aired during Friday night’s show in random order. Placement will be announced during the Saturday Awards Show.
How to enter
Participant(s) must be a member of a Venturing Crew, Explorer Post, Sea Scout Ship, or a Boy Scout Troop in order to participate in the contest. Participants must do the following:
- Submit a video promoting Winterfest 2018 through the contest submission page.
- Submissions will not be accepted after January 7th.
- Multiple entries are not allowed.
- The contest is open to Venturers, Explorers, Sea Scouts, and Boy Scouts who are 14 years of age or older at the time of contest registration (those under 18 must have signed parental permission).
- Employees of BSA, Winterfest 2018 judging staff, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this contest.
- Participants agree to abide by applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Plaques will be awarded to the First, Second and Third place winners.
- The top three videos will be aired during Friday night's show and the winner will be announced on Saturday night.
- No purchase necessary. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- If music is utilized in the video, it must be used with permission and credited appropriate, if required. Remember, sound may be scrubbed from the video if you do not comply with licensing rules.
- BSA and the Winterfest 2018 committee retain the right to disqualify any contestant if the rules are not followed. Depending on the violation, the contestant may be provided an opportunity to correct the problem prior to disqualification.
- Any information collected by registering to enter the contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Contest Rules.
- All entries must be consistent with YouTube’s Community Guidelines and Terms of Service or they will be disqualified.
- The contest will be conducted in a manner consistent with the Scout Law and Scout Oath and all video entries as well as behavior of contestants should reflect same.
By submitting this video, you agree to the following terms:
I hereby assign and grant to the local council and the Boy Scouts of America, as well as their authorized representatives, the right and permission to use and publish the photographs/film/videotapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings made of me or my child at all Scouting activities, and I hereby release the Boy Scouts of America, the local council, the activity coordinators, and all employees, volunteers, related parties, or other organizations associated with the activity from any and all liability from such use and publication. I further authorize the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage, and/or distribution of said photographs/film/videotapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of the BSA, and I specifically waive any right to any compensation I may have for any of the foregoing.